Sunday 13 August 2006

Morning flight

Our last flight was a laser disaster. Not sure exactly why tho. Hmm. Should be interesting to see if we can measure on this last week of flights.

On the positive side, Perca got their gases after a 4 week delay and they can now measure!! The two Perca boys have been really down since they arrived cos they haven't been able to do anything. I would've gone nuts by now. But they cos their gases yesterday and you couldn't have seen two happier men!! If only we could get our laser working properly. It would be brill to get both measuring together.

I'm really struggling with this 03.30 start. Somehow the 0130 was easier but I suppose I've only got a week left so it's worth it. The laser isn't stepping at the moment and I'm just about to have a hissy fit. I'm exhausted, hungry and the laser gods think it's funny to make me suffer. It's not fair!! The really annoying thing is that the laser power is really good. We just can't get it to step over the wavelengths we need. Do you think a few sacrifices to the laser gods would help?

At this hour of the morning anything is possible...

No comments:

Post a Comment