Tuesday 15 August 2006

Silly o'clock flights

Well my sleep pattern is well and truely fecked at the moment. We have our second dawn patrol flight this morning and thankfully it will be the last one. Trev and I flew yesterday and actually measured some HO2 before the laser died. Hopefully there will be enough laser power in a few mins to make it worth flying. If not it's another night's sleep wasted and I'll be very annoyed. It's supposed to be my first solo flight too. But don't worry. If Trev thought the laser was up to measuring anything I wouldn't be doing it on my own. But at this stage there's nothing left to break so I'm just going for the experience.

But this getting up at 2.30 am after 4 hours sleep can only be managed so long before I collapse. I'm definitely looking forward to chilling out for a few days when I get home...

The French AMMA group had a dinner last night. We were told about it yesterday afternoon. Not much good to me when we had a 5.30 am take off and had to be up at 2.30 to catch a bus. Oh well, I suppose it's the thought that counts. I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment