Thursday 10 August 2006

African weather and temperamental lasers

Well the dawn patrol was cancelled about 4 hours into the warm up because we didn't get the right weather. I suppose figuring out the weather is most of the reason we're here so I'm not really annoyed. I am a little disapppointed though. After 2 hours of the laser having a strop (stupid stepper motor) and me trying everything under the moon to get it going, I decided to go off in a strop and left it for a while to think of what to do. I come back 20 mins later and the stupid thing is working. Go figure. It's actually scary how much my mood is tied to a stupid unreliable laser! But it didn't really matter cos 30 mins later the whole thing was called off. I'm struggling to stay awake now but there is a brief at 11 and we're going to try and do the whole thing all over again tomorrow.

Should be interesting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment