Wednesday 16 August 2006

My first solo flight!

Well I managed not to break the laser on my first solo flight.







Unfortunately the same can't be said of the poor cylinder. I was worried about not closing the cylinder head properly and I leaned a little too hard... I didn't think I was strong enough but I managed to shear the top nut off. Oh well at least we can open it again, even if it now takes an adjustable spanner and a lot of trouble. I guess it's just one more thing to sort out when I get back.

On the plus side, I did manage to measure HO2 for the whole flight. There wasn't enough power to measure OH as well so we went with the HO2 on it's own. I don't know how the data looks yet but it seemed good at the time so I'm looking forward to checking it all out...

No comments:

Post a Comment