Friday 28 July 2006

Yesterday was quite a cool flight. We saw different OH above and below clouds and weird HO2 in the clouds. Now all I've got to do is figure out what it all means... I guess that's most of next year sorted out for me!!

I finally found Mat Evans' blog site. It has loads of pics of stuff so far and the odd interesting comment too.

We have a double flight today so it should be interesting to see if I (and the laser) can take the heat for that long. The front of the aircraft reaches about 35o C in flight if we're doing a lot of low level flying. That means we have to be strapped in with a harness and can't move around. I couldn't take the heat last time and ended up with heat exhaustion (again). So our cunning plan now is to control the instrument from the nice cool back of the aircraft. The wonders of modern VNC.

No comments:

Post a Comment