Tuesday 11 July 2006

The beginning

I'm down in Cranfield at the moment. Cedric, Trev and I were a little disheartened after we were kicked off the aircraft last night. We ended up not measuring anything on the first test flight and we were a bit miserable after. We went to the pub for dinner and couldn't even stomach a few pints! That's not like us! We all went to bed grumpy. Thankfully I think we're all begining to cheer up, but that'll depend on how things finish today. I suppose that's the joy of research!

Today we're trying to sort out a few laser issues. We use a tunable laser to make OH fluoresce. In practice that means having a diffraction grating that we can move to change the wavelength. I think the grating has decided it doesn't like me tho... It seems to be a little stuck at times. But only when I'm there. I drove two hours to get a Helium-Neon (HeNe) laser to check a couple of things out. But found it wasn't needed when I got back. Just my luck, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment